Sunday, May 11, 2008

Places to Get Ideas



If you are "not creative" or just in a funk about what project to do next, the fix it easy. My very
favorite place to get a design idea is from looking at rugs. Not carpet but rugs. Rugs are made with cool designs and patterns that range from very simple to very elegant and difficult. I don't copy these but instead use them as a muse.




A great website with thousands of rugs is http://www.homedecorators.com/Rugs/. Here you can choose to see designs with different styles, colors, etc. The designs are beautiful.

When I opened my showroom in Shawnee, I did a mosaic rug in the showroom floor. I based it off of this rug from this website. Anyone that was able to come to my showroom then knows that my final creation was pretty cool. Here is what I ended up with. It is a lot different but then again similar.




So next time you are in a slump and need an idea boost check out the website http://www.homedecorators.com/Rugs/ and see what will inspire you!

No comments:

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies
Improve the look of your life!