Sunday, January 20, 2008

Installed Mosaic Logo

I just realized that I never posted about the installation of the mosaic logo that I had worked on for a few weeks back in October. After finishing the tiling onto mesh, I delivered it in pieces. It looked great uninstalled. Here is a picture of it before it was cut up and installed.




The company was having carpet put all around the mosaic so they had their carpet guy install the logo. He did a great job installing but chose to grout it in white grout. It ruined the piece! Here is the picture of it installed.

This shows how white grout can completely fracture the piece. Since the background was made using a dark cobalt blue tile the white grout really stands out. It doesn't look as bad on the center where a pale blue was used.
I would have recommended a medium gray to be used but was not consulted unfortunately. So I instead sent the owner a link to a grout stain product that I don't think he ever used.

No comments:

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies
Improve the look of your life!