Monday, June 9, 2008

Wheeled Cutters

Wheeled cutters are a major part of using glass tile. This wonderful tool makes cutting glass easy and gives clean cuts with the glass.

When I first starting creating mosaics I used a hammer and sock to break my tiles. I would place the tiles into a sock and whack them with a hammer. Needless to say, I had a lot of glass shards and very little usuable pieces.

I soon found basic nippers. These clawlike breakers work with porcelain or ceramic but are a bear to use with the glass. You have to squeeze very hard and then you usually end up shattering the glass. The crystal glass won't even break using these.

Then I was introduced to the wheeled cutters. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Although they are an investment, it is very worthwhile. You barely squeeze and you get a clean cut on most types of glass. You will never go back to using anything else.

So take the leap and buy the expensive cutters. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies

Tile Shack Mosaic Supplies
Improve the look of your life!